Sunday March 8 2009
Attending: Andrew, Kristafa, Kristafine, Julie & Paul, Kevin & Irene, John, Paul and Dorcas, Kelly and Ben
1. Appetisers – various dips and flatbread – Andrew
2. Soup – spinach and lentil – Irene
- tomato/cucumber salad – John
- chick pea salad – Kevin
- deep-fried cauliflower and egg plant – Kristafa
- rice and couscous – Kristafa (with Kristafine’s preserved lemon)
- something involving camel (or lamb) – Julie and Paul
- something with fish – Di and Sam
- mahhalabia – Kristafine;
A note on the setting from Kristafa:
As I mentioned this morning, I would like to make some attempt at a sort of bedouin and/or felucca tent setting, if the weather and etc are appropriate. I need to know if we are going to fit at a table or if we are going to be cross-legged on mats on the floor (just kidding on that bit), so please could you confirm just who is going to be attending by, say, Thursday? Ta.
Please feel free to wear your Bedouin jewellery and other appropriate finery. Limited accommodation for camels.
Supplies of harissa, ras el hanout, coffee, mint tea, cumin powder etc available as/if required.